SMM farms agree to the following in order to use the SMM logo on their products:
- Southern Maryland Meats are quality meat products that are naturally raised by family farmers from the five Southern Maryland Counties of Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Prince George's and St. Mary's. We are proud of our animals, our communities and our region's agricultural heritage. We treat our animals humanely; our animals are never fed animal by-products and we are conscientious stewards of the environment.
- Southern Maryland Meats allows consumers to have a choice. By assuring consumers that the meat products they purchase are genuinely raised in Southern Maryland they know they are helping to support and sustain Southern Maryland's small family farms and its rich agricultural tradition.
- The Southern Maryland Meats logo symbolizes high quality meat products raised in accordance with SMM standards. Producer /farms voluntarily participate in the SMM marketing program. In so doing, they recognize the value of the SMM logo and all that it implies.
- Southern Maryland Meats producer/farms are eligible to use the SMM marketing logo and sell their products in the SSM display cases located at designated stores around the region.
- To ensure that the Southern Maryland Meats logo remains synonymous with the quality and authenticity consumers expect from SSM farm products, producers must agree to the expectations and standards.
- The SMM logo, labels and other promotional materials can only be used with genuine SMM products.
- Southern Maryland Meats marketing program is dependent on an honor system and the integrity of its participants. SMM producers are expected to comply with SSM quality standards; failure to do so may result in the loss of the privilege to participate in the marketing program.
I raise my animals in accordance with the SMM quality standards and agree to accept the terms and quality standards of SMM above.